Friday 8 February 2008

Don’t Quit

Andrew Kidd Duke Street Primary School Chorley Jane Watts Anne CallanderThis blog is much harder to write than I initially thought. So many times, you want to just give up and I know that many teachers in my position do just that - most resign but there have been many suicides over the years.

I thought that I would share a piece of prose that inspires me to keep going :


When things go wrong as they sometimes will.
When the road you’re trudging seem all uphill.
When funds are low and debts are high,
And when you want to smile but you have to sigh.
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don’t you quit.

Life is strange with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about,
When they might have won had they stuck it out;
Don’t give up though the pace seems slow,
And you may succeed with another blow.

Success is failure turned inside out,
God’s hidden gift in the clouds of doubt.
You never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you’re hardest hit,
It’s when things seem worst that you must not quit.

Leo Piggott 1931

Visitors